Weekly Mindfulness Meditation
August 13 @ 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 31, 2019
Join us Tuesday evenings for Vipassana (Insight) Meditation and a Dharma talk.
Tuesday, 7:00-8:45 pm, at Friends House, 60 Lowther Ave., Toronto
2 blocks north of St. George station; street parking only | Google Map
Come explore the liberating practices of meditation that were taught by the Buddha. These practices have benefited countless people for more than 2,000 years.
Beginning promptly at 7:00, we hold two periods of guided sitting meditation, a brief standing meditation, and a Dharma talk based on the early teachings of the Buddha.
Satipanna emphasizes the calm insight generated by Vipassana (Insight) Meditation, and the opening of the heart through Metta (Loving-kindness Meditation). Read more about our sangha’s practices.
This program is suitable for beginners as well as experienced meditators. Podcasts of previous Dharma talks can be found online.
Whether you are already committed to a Buddhist meditation practice or sincerely wish to explore one, you are welcome to join us on Tuesday evenings.
Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Use of cell phones and texting devices is not allowed in the meditation hall. Please turn off your device before entering the hall, and leave it off for the duration of the evening.
- If you wish to sit on a cushion, please bring your own.
- Please arrive on time. If you are late, enter Friends House through the front door and meditate on the bench in the back hallway (outside the meditation hall). You can enter the hall when the bell rings to end a period of sitting.
- Do not come and go during meditation or the Dharma talk. If you know you will need to leave early, please sit at the back. Otherwise, please remain until the evening has ended with the final announcements.
- It is fine to quietly and mindfully change your sitting posture if you need to.
- If you bring a water bottle, you can use it during the standing meditation. Please don’t use your water bottle during the sitting periods or the Dharma talk.
Weekly Mindfulness Meditation is offered at no charge.
However, Dana (donations for the teachings) is greatly appreciated.